Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Back in America!

I am super happy to be home. The weather is absolutely beautiful and I love being with my family.

Plans for the upcoming weeks: Paint, Sew and cook. Last night we did some amazing empanadas.. yummy.



I am working on a dress that I am going to wear for an upcoming wedding. My mom wore this dress when she was 16- Mom's picture
The dress is in pretty good shape but the zipper is broken and it is tight so I am replacing the zipper and loosening the back.

I am also painting again. I want to make a painting for the new nursery we have for Daniel. This is the crib

I have never painted with pastels so I am having a hard translating my inspiration into the canvas. I started fixing an old painting that I left behind a couple of years ago to get familiar again with techniques and oil treatment.

My work station is in the garden
Last project a Christmas stocking.
This is how the end product will look

I also joined a volunteering group that sews for needy children. We are in early stages but we sew pillows, fabric bags and make quilts.

As I am writing in the blog we are cooking Pot roast- The same recipe that I tried to cook Christmas day but failed.. so we are trying again..I will post pictures.

2 comments:

Aruna said...

wow,kika! Your mom looks just like you, I thought it was you for a minute! The dress is beautiful, as are all your other projects:)talk to you soon!xo

Lina said...

me encantan todos los proyectos. Tiene que poner mas fotos de la comida que hicimos en AZ. Me parecen divinas las fotos del slideshow.