Thursday, October 2, 2008

Chuck Norris 4- US 0

Hello my favorite peeps! So it looks like this place is agreeing with us. We are feeling more at home everyday. We have developed a great group of friends
and we are enjoying the new life in Europe. I feel like this pretty much every day.

This week hit me hard being away from home. The job at Nike fell through and although I got great feedback from the person that interviewed me saying I was Nike Material I got very home sick. Cristian has been sick this week with the flu, and pretty much he sleeps all day. The weather has not been very nice to pump up the mood. To add to the complain bucket list I lost my touch in the kitchen this week.. the rice burned, the chicken was dry, I bought the wrong milk and the cheese was sweet instead of salty.
As I was researching about homesickness I found a prevention, which is for parents "not to pick the child up before the period of separation is scheduled to end." That prevention technique in my case failed completely. When younger, my parents (mostly my dad) couldn't say NO when I asked him to pick me up at a friend's or my grandma's house, when I promised I would not get homesick.

To put a band aid on the heart or on my separation anxiety I found a way to feel close to home and that is NPR and youtube. As weird as it sounds hearing an american english speaker makes me feel at ease, except from Sara Palin. And watching Letterman interview celebrities and mavericks make me feel in a homy environment.

Last but not least we had close encounters with Chuck Norris. When our door is open we can see into the kitchen where Chuck Norris makes his rounds. Most recently we saw him searching for food so we set some traps.

Round 1: Chuck Norris nibbled at the cheese (we are using goat cheese that it is 3.oo Euros for 100g) in the trap until it was all gone

Round 2: We (meaning Cristian) reset the trap with cheese and Peanut Butter... Same result

Round 3: We tied the cheese to the trap with dental floss and video taped Chuck in action.. same result + the video was all black lack of light

Round 4: We set the traps again before going to sleep ...Same result. We must remember Chuck Norris facts when battling Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.

We should also mention that each time we set the trap, we set 2 traps so it actually Chuck Norris 8, Us 0

Next week we are looking forward for a small trip to Bremen to see Meik F.P.

That is all I got for now

I feel like Mr. W.

Love,

Kika


1 comment:

Michael said...

sorry to hear about Nike. i feel ya....job i was going for didn't work out either. at least you have chuck norris to keep you amused!

my favorite chuck norris lines:
there is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals chuck norris allows to live.
chuck norris counted to infinity. twice.
chuck norris's tears cure cancer. too bad he has never cried.
chuck norris is the only person in the world that can email a roundhouse kick.
when chuck norris sends in his taxes, he sends blank forms and includes only a picture of himself, crouched and ready to attack. chuck norris has not had to pay taxes, ever.
chuck norris doesn't get wet. water gets chuck norrised.
the helicopter was invented after someone witness chuck norris do 8 roundhouse kicks a second.
chuck norris does not wake at the crack of dawn. The dawn cracks when chuck norris wakes.
it takes light from the sun 9 minutes to get to earth. it takes 10 minutes to reach chuck norris because it has to ask permission before illuminating him.
chuck norris once challenged a statue in a staring contest. chuck remains undefeated.
jesus's birthday isn't dec. 25 but chuck norris sent him a birthday card for that day. jesus was too scared to tell chuck the truth, so that's why we have christmas in winter.

i could go on forever...