Wednesday, August 20, 2008

What is the word in Amsterdam?

Do you know that the secret to understanding a city and its people is to learn- what is the word on the street?" Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, pray and Love

Amsterdam: At this point it is SEEKING.. cause we have not found it yet

This past week was Cristian's 28th B-day. Juan Pablo (Our Argentinian neighbor) was born one day before Cristian in 1980 so we celebrated both of their b-days on Friday night with a Pasta Party and strawberry cake with Nutela.


Making a wish and blowing the candles

Cristian got an amazing B-day present by approaching a guy in the metro station who was wearing soccer gear and asked him for some soccer info and he introduced him to his soccer team manager. Cristian went for a try-out the next day and was invited this week to play again for FC Amstelland. As Cristian said, "that was one of the best things that could happen on my birthday"

A Cisco Update, Cristian has been taking communication classes where they teach him: Eye contact, pose, gestures, tone of voice, use of the room, memory hook and the closing statement. One of the videos taken by the Cisco instructor.



This is Cristian practicing at home with us

The public speaking training is going well underway since Cristian is a few of the native English speakers, he gets a lot of compliments as some people still assume he was raised in Chile.

My parents and mary came to visit this weekend for a couple of days.We went to Bruges in Belgium. It is known as the "The Venice of the North", unique little town that has supposedly preserved its former look in such a striking way.


The landscape is dominated by 15th to 18th century building but there are this little trinket retailers like H&M, Sephora, and some others that are popping in the landscape as well.

Mary throughout her trip has taken this awesome picture of her jumping in different cities. We called them "got a little Jordan in you" because as we can see in some of them she is able to jump super high.


I tried to copy her but failed. As seen in some of the pictures.



In Bruges I did my first successful jump so I do have the Jordan gene in me. That is me on the left and Mary in the middle.

Last but not least I got this awesome contact at Nike. She is a Colombian girl called Patricia and she internally submitted my resume. She said that maybe I will get a call either this week or next week if they are interested. Keep your fingers crossed.

That is it for now more to come next week..

3 comments:

bethany reina said...

looks like you are still having an awesome time and adapting well. I love the classic moving around the room in Christian's speech. I remember that from my speech class and thought everyone always looked so awkward moving around at every point. lol

Anacecilia said...

I didn't know Cristian could sing and dance!

Ty said...

I'm just so proud of you two. Cristian, those speaking and presenting skills would have been nice at Thunderbird!! Just kidding. Kika, you've got mad ups!